Washington fucking RULES today.
SMOKE UP BITCHES
AND MARRY WHOEVER YA WANT
CAUSE GUESS WHAT, YOU CAN !!!
I am so sick of this discussion. It should not even be UP for debate!
1) Do you REALLY believe that being gay is a CHOICE? Do you really think that there are millions of people worldwide who, when they were still children, said to themselves, “Gee, I actually prefer the opposite sex, but just to fuck with people’s minds and so that I can ‘be different’, I think I’ll pretend to be Gay, instead.”? REALLY? Do you honestly BELIEVE in your heart that ANYONE (especially children) would CHOOSE, of their own accord, to be gay? Why? Tell me that, WHY?
2) I guess that it’s much easier to believe that, than believe that YOUR GOD MADE SOME PEOPLE GAY from Birth. That would mean that Gay people are not deserving of your hatred, because they, too, WERE MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE, and were not God’s “mistake”. It is just really hard for you to accept the fact that Gay people were CREATED THAT WAY BY YOUR OWN GOD!!
3) I CHALLENGE YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME how opposing Gay Marriage is anything but a RELIGIOUS ISSUE? Please, explain how this is a Civil Issue, and ON WHAT CIVIL GROUNDS do Gay People not deserve the SAME RIGHTS as every heterosexual?
4) PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS STATEMENT: “Gay Marriage threatens Traditional Marriage”. In what FUCKING WAY would anybody’s marriage be threatened because two OTHER people love each other? Are you saying that legalizing Gay Marriage (btw, why should it be illegal in the first place, again?) somehow will make people who otherwise would be 100% Heterosexual to suddenly decide to be GAY, for the fucking FUN OF IT ALL? Please, I really need further clarification on EXACTLY HOW Gay Marriage impacts Traditional Marriage (in any way, whatsoever).
5) What is the legal basis that gives ANY FUCKING validity to the statement, “I believe that a marriage should only be between a man and a woman.” SO FUCKING WHAT? That is a “belief”, that is not a political premise, nor even a fact…it’s YOUR FUCKING BELIEF…what does that have to do with LAW? NOTHING you dumbass bigots.
6) How do you square the existence of gays at all? Don’t you believe that God is All Powerful…PERFECT, in fact? So where do Gays fit into that scheme? God made a mistake? Here’s a thought - God knows exactly what he/she is doing…God is not prejudiced….God knows LOVE is LOVE, and doesn’t JUDGE humans according to their sexual preferences.
I’ll tell you what I think…you don’t like the IDEA of “Gays”. You don’t like to PICTURE Gay Sex. It makes you uncomfortable….let’s look at that statement a bit closer. WHY does anyone else’s sexual activities even matter to you at all, you fucking busybody? Or is it that YOUR OWN SEXUALITY might be in question? You don’t want to look at THAT one, now do you?
Listen, you can’t just WISH that there weren’t any gay people on the planet, and thus, make them all go away. It ain’t gonna happen. I mean SHIT, there is homosexual behavior among certain animal species. IT’S A FACT OF LIFE, you morons! THINK ABOUT IT! Get USED to it. It isn’t going away just because YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE with it.
It is a travesty and a total miscarriage of justice when citizens get to decide to take away the rights of other citizens by a majority vote. The whole issue clearly goes against the basic rights that we are ALL afforded in our Constitution…which, btw doesn’t state, “We are all equal - EXCEPT FOR GAYS”…nor does it say, “We are all equal, except for those who we deem don’t deserve it.”
What are you jerks smoking? Ignoramus Weed?
1. All elections would be publicly financed, and then, because there would be so much less money available to spend, the candidates would be forced to limit the amount of time the voters would be subjected to the ridiculous onslaught of mind-numbing campaign ads (for way too many months) before the elections.
This would also free our Congress people from a) having to spend a majority of their time fundraising for their next election and b) being beholden to the Lobbyists who had bought them.
2. I would do away with the Electoral College. One vote per person would end the political practice of only focusing on the Swing States, because those are the only ones that matter with our current system. This is all dependent on how many Electoral Votes that state has to offer. Without the Electoral College, it would force candidates to find a new way to campaign.
3. I would do away with Early State Caucuses and Straw Polls and all that nonsense. Why should the other party get to vote in these polls, as they do in some states? I don’t get that.
4. I would make Voting Mandatory, as it is in Australia. That would put a stop to Voter Obstructionism, and the millions that are spent trying to keep voters away from the polls. It’s sheer insanity! Our country may be founded on certain principles, but we rarely adhere to them.
5. I’d invalidate and remove all Voting Machines with no paper trail.
6. I would uphold the separation of Church and State, and give no religious organizations of any denomination any sort of tax exempt status. Think of all the unrepresented atheists and agnostics who are offended by this blatant disregard for one of the most basic principles upon which our country was founded. I would also remove all religious symbols from our currency, our public buildings and grounds, our Pledge of Allegiance and all Speeches by Politicians. No longer would atheists and agnostics have to cringe to hear President after President end every speech with God Bless You and God Bless the United States of America!
7. I’d end our aggression on all other nations, and shut down our munitions industry. PERIOD. I’d bring home the troops, and set them up in better occupations than killing for a living. I’d close our foreign bases in what is it? 76 countries, and I’d think of other ways to make money besides making weapons (which btw is the ONLY manufacturing industry that the United States still ranks #1 in). That, and the fact that we spend more than all other countries combined on our “Defense”. We are PROS at making machines that kill, maim, disfigure and destroy anything in their path. We are experts. Whose grenades were they using in Egypt? Whose guns are in Mexico? We are financing and financed by the merciless sale of murder weapons by heartless men to misguided hotheads in other countries, as well as in our own. Our country is held hostage by a few main lobbies, one of which is the NRA. If we changed how laws were made, it would break the power of the NRA, and maybe get our country back on the right track, so that we are known for our peace-keeping, humanitarian efforts around the world, rather than feared for our transgressions on the innocent people living in oil-rich and resource-rich countries around the world.
8. I’d end offshore accounts, and defund the ability of American companies to hire workers in other countries, at the expense of our own work force.
9. I’d end Defense Contracts with Private Armies who routinely hire thieves and thugs, and put the money we were paying those contractors into paying our military a decent wage instead.
10. I’d demand that Corporations pay their fair share of taxes.
11. I’d let the Bush Tax Cuts expire.
12. I’d increase the taxes on the highest wage earners and the wealthy in our country, to at least Clinton Era if not Eisenhower Era levels.
13. I’d end the War on Drugs, and release and forgive all non-violent offenders of their crimes. This would put an end to the Drug Wars on the Mexican border.
14. I’d invest in education, not incarceration.
15. I’d legalize Gay Marriage nationwide.
16. I’d legalize Marijuana nationwide, this would have to create a major boost to our economy, from tourism, new products, merchandise, books, magazines, etc., etc.
17. I’d legalize importing Prescription Medicine from Canada and other countries, thus forcing our American companies to lower their prices in order to stay competitive, or fold.
18. I’d insist on Mandatory Nutrition information be on Menus.
19. I’d invest in GREEN ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES and INNOVATION - that is the future for the planet. We need to leave our current environmentally unsafe methods of extracting energy behind, and focus on energy that is more freely available, or easily created. We need to invest in new ideas, experiments and inventions so that we can once again compete in the world energy production market.
20. I’d outlaw all nuclear energy reactors. Effective YESTERDAY.
21. I’d outlaw the Death Penalty. It is exceedingly cruel, and really is only an act of vengeance anyway, because it certainly doesn’t seem to work as any kind of a deterrent to committing the crime. Plus, it is more costly than keeping a prisoner alive for the duration of their life, and also, don’t you think living in a cell for years and years, reliving the past prolongs the pain and punishes the perpetrator way more than a quick death, anyway?
22. I’d make Politicians have to earn a Degree in their field, just like a lawyer, a doctor, a carpenter or even a beautician does. Considering the numbers of individuals whose lives are affected by the choices that a handful of politicians make, I think we need more of a requirement for these most powerful positions than being 35 years old, and a resident of the state or district that they represent. They need to study everything from economics to law, to get a full grasp of the responsibilities of the job of creating and refining laws, and managing our vast government, especially when it comes to how the government spends our money. They need to be familiar with the Constitution, and understand simple things like the Debt Ceiling.
23. I’d fix our severely ancient and broken Infrastructure. I’d create tons of new jobs building bridges and high speed rail, fixing roads and dams, which would bring jobs in all kinds of occupations - everything from engineering to concrete and steel manufacturing, to carpenters, builders, and office staff by investing BIG TIME in Infrastructure. And I’d do it YESTERDAY.
24. I would severely punish and do everything possible to avoid Voter Obstruction.
25. I would strive for greater transparency in Government, and I’d honor Whistleblowers, not deride, threaten and humiliate them.
26. I would roll back all laws that threaten Civil Liberties.
27. I would demand greater energy efficiency from the corporations who deliver our energy. Currently we lose 66% of all energy in its delivery. Japan only loses 10%, so that is evidence that we could be doing much better.
28. I would better educate the public in how to use less energy in their homes and places of business, and offer inducements to do so, with rebates and “good energy” discounts and other valuable rewards.
29. I’d invest in the Arts — in public monuments and museums, in art and music programs in elementary, middle and high schools, plus free classes for Adult Ed in communities. And I would offer College Scholarships and Grants. I’d have the Government publicly finance grants for gifted students, inventors and entrepreneurs. I have a hunch that this might be common in other countries.
30. I’d outlaw automatic weapons, and enforce gun sales laws, so that no guns can be purchased by buyers who have invalid IDs and malicious intentions.
31. I would protect consumers from big corporations, and credit card company scams.
32. I would treat the old with respect, the young with care, the infirm with compassion, and the poor with generosity.
33. I would demand respect from all members of Congress towards whomever holds the Office of the President. Disrespect to that office should receive severe reprimand, censure or more. Nobody in Congress should be allowed to shout insults, nor refuse to meet with the Commander in Chief, ever. Period. If we can trim the boundaries of Free Speech in so many other situations, than we can certainly demand at least this from our elected officials.
34. I would change the way that Congressional Districts are determined. This should not be determined by the politicians in office! The Majority will always reapportion the districts in their own favor! It’s madness!
35. I would exact Term Limits on all Elected Officials.
36. I would not allow Congress to decide their own salary and pay raises, and no Congress Person would ever get paid for a day of work if he or she were not actually there to cast a vote.
37. I would charge Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld with International Crimes against Humanity.
38. I would prosecute and sue Bush for stealing both elections.
39. I would repeal the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, The Clear Skies Initiative and Citizens United for starters.
40. I would require all Presidential Candidates to meet a minimum IQ Standard, as well as pass proficiency tests in History (American, as well as World), Constitutional Law, International Relations, Governance, Economics and Statesmanship.
…is that the Bible prevents it…but the Bible also prevents us from eating lobster. HELLO?
~ Joy Behar