Richard Mourdock, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate recently claimed that raped women should be forced to carry their rapist’s baby to term because their pregnancy — a result of rape — is a “gift from God.”
Okay, well then, if “Rape” is such a “gift”, then according to their logic, it must be “God’s Will”, right?
Here’s my question, “Then isn’t being born Gay, also “God’s Will?”
Have you ever noticed this?
How could this Christian God be “wrong” about Gay People? One can find homosexuals in every religion on Earth.
What do homophobes think about this? If there are NO ACCIDENTS, and whatever happens is GOD’S WILL, and their God is PERFECT, and ALL-POWERFUL, and NEVER MAKES A MISTAKE, well, then how do they square these Gay Babies being born with the rest of their beliefs?
If you follow my logic, it would mean that God is completely aware that homosexuals are being born, and guess what? God isn’t stopping it, any more than God is stopping those rapes which are now being called “Gifts from God”!
And one other thing…have you heard about this guy who wants to round up all the Gay and Transgender people and make them live together in one area? Like that would stop any future gay people from being born? Like as if only gay people give birth to other gay people? REALITY CHECK: Straight people conceive Gay People ALL THE FUCKING TIME…so GET OVER IT!
This kind of thinking, that laws can stop Gay People from being born, is as dumb as thinking that outlawing abortions will actually STOP PEOPLE FROM GETTING THEM! NO! It will just create (or bring back) a lucrative business: Black Market Abortions!
These haters and anti-choice folks are just so colossally ignorant!
I wish there was a pill that could make people smarter, because it’s hard to combat ignorance with logic!
~ Mitt Romney
(Although his great-grandfather had 5 wives and great-great grandfather 12. ~ comment by Brenda Underwood Felder)
I am so sick of this discussion. It should not even be UP for debate!
1) Do you REALLY believe that being gay is a CHOICE? Do you really think that there are millions of people worldwide who, when they were still children, said to themselves, “Gee, I actually prefer the opposite sex, but just to fuck with people’s minds and so that I can ‘be different’, I think I’ll pretend to be Gay, instead.”? REALLY? Do you honestly BELIEVE in your heart that ANYONE (especially children) would CHOOSE, of their own accord, to be gay? Why? Tell me that, WHY?
2) I guess that it’s much easier to believe that, than believe that YOUR GOD MADE SOME PEOPLE GAY from Birth. That would mean that Gay people are not deserving of your hatred, because they, too, WERE MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE, and were not God’s “mistake”. It is just really hard for you to accept the fact that Gay people were CREATED THAT WAY BY YOUR OWN GOD!!
3) I CHALLENGE YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME how opposing Gay Marriage is anything but a RELIGIOUS ISSUE? Please, explain how this is a Civil Issue, and ON WHAT CIVIL GROUNDS do Gay People not deserve the SAME RIGHTS as every heterosexual?
4) PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS STATEMENT: “Gay Marriage threatens Traditional Marriage”. In what FUCKING WAY would anybody’s marriage be threatened because two OTHER people love each other? Are you saying that legalizing Gay Marriage (btw, why should it be illegal in the first place, again?) somehow will make people who otherwise would be 100% Heterosexual to suddenly decide to be GAY, for the fucking FUN OF IT ALL? Please, I really need further clarification on EXACTLY HOW Gay Marriage impacts Traditional Marriage (in any way, whatsoever).
5) What is the legal basis that gives ANY FUCKING validity to the statement, “I believe that a marriage should only be between a man and a woman.” SO FUCKING WHAT? That is a “belief”, that is not a political premise, nor even a fact…it’s YOUR FUCKING BELIEF…what does that have to do with LAW? NOTHING you dumbass bigots.
6) How do you square the existence of gays at all? Don’t you believe that God is All Powerful…PERFECT, in fact? So where do Gays fit into that scheme? God made a mistake? Here’s a thought - God knows exactly what he/she is doing…God is not prejudiced….God knows LOVE is LOVE, and doesn’t JUDGE humans according to their sexual preferences.
I’ll tell you what I think…you don’t like the IDEA of “Gays”. You don’t like to PICTURE Gay Sex. It makes you uncomfortable….let’s look at that statement a bit closer. WHY does anyone else’s sexual activities even matter to you at all, you fucking busybody? Or is it that YOUR OWN SEXUALITY might be in question? You don’t want to look at THAT one, now do you?
Listen, you can’t just WISH that there weren’t any gay people on the planet, and thus, make them all go away. It ain’t gonna happen. I mean SHIT, there is homosexual behavior among certain animal species. IT’S A FACT OF LIFE, you morons! THINK ABOUT IT! Get USED to it. It isn’t going away just because YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE with it.
It is a travesty and a total miscarriage of justice when citizens get to decide to take away the rights of other citizens by a majority vote. The whole issue clearly goes against the basic rights that we are ALL afforded in our Constitution…which, btw doesn’t state, “We are all equal - EXCEPT FOR GAYS”…nor does it say, “We are all equal, except for those who we deem don’t deserve it.”
What are you jerks smoking? Ignoramus Weed?
…But Rick is dubious. He thinks two guys on the same ticket might be gay.”
~ David Letterman